Views
Helpful
Replies

RNA settings for Attendant Console

bbtekgraf
Level 1
Level 1

CallManager 4.1(3) w/a Cisco 7960

During business hours, while the receptionist is already on one line, if another call comes, in the phone just rings and rings.

Not sure what happened, but it used to be set to something like RNA 15 and go to the Opening Greeting recording.

I've attached a screenshot of the Hunt Group Config. if this helps.

Could the issue be w/the Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings?

Thanks for any assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is there a version of cucm that would support this behavior?

No and the CUAC feature has reached EoL so they won't be adding it. I would recommend looking at the new CUxBC (x = Department, Business, or Enterprise depending on requirements). That product functions in a pull/queue method so the behavior is different.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps7282/index.html

Additional calls should not have been able to get to the Opening Greeting before correct?

I presume that your "opening greeting" is the always route member? If yes, then it should still route callers to that if all of the operators were offline or busy.

I don't need to disable call forwarding for lines and DNs on the AC if the AC is already ringing until the operator answers do I?

The document states that you should disabled call forwarding on whatever lines are members of an attendant console hunt pilot. If you have other lines appearing on the phone (that are not used by attendant console hunt pilots), then this restriction does not apply.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your desired behavior is unsupported; however, the RNA settings would be configured on the operator DN.

-Disable call forwarding for lines and directory numbers on Cisco IP Phones that are used as attendant consoles.

This means that if the operator is Online and the busy trigger of their DN has not been reached, the call will be directed to them. It will continue ringing until the operator answers or until the caller hangs up.

Cisco CallManager Features and Services Guide, Release 4.1(3)

Cisco CallManager Attendant Console

Restrictions

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html#wp1154239

Thank you for the reply.

Just a couple more questions please.

Is there a version of cucm that would support this behavior? Additional calls should not have been able to get to the Opening Greeting before correct?

I don't need to disable call forwarding for lines and DNs on the AC if the AC is already ringing until the operator answers do I?

We recently hired a new receptionist so more calls are backing up in the queue, and we really never had to worry about this before.

Is there a version of cucm that would support this behavior?

No and the CUAC feature has reached EoL so they won't be adding it. I would recommend looking at the new CUxBC (x = Department, Business, or Enterprise depending on requirements). That product functions in a pull/queue method so the behavior is different.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps7282/index.html

Additional calls should not have been able to get to the Opening Greeting before correct?

I presume that your "opening greeting" is the always route member? If yes, then it should still route callers to that if all of the operators were offline or busy.

The document states that you should disabled call forwarding on whatever lines are members of an attendant console hunt pilot. If you have other lines appearing on the phone (that are not used by attendant console hunt pilots), then this restriction does not apply.

The opening greeting is a route member and calls are routed here after hours.

Thank you again for the information.

I believe what I've been looking for is the "Enable Queuing" in C:\Program Files\Cisco\CallManagerAttendant\bin

Should this be working if I have the Enable Queuing checked w/the default Queue Size of 32 and Hold Time of 0 seconds?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: