cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can FAC tone be replaced with .wav to say "Please enter Authorization Code"

MARK BAKER
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know if the beep tone heard to indicate the FAC needs to be entered can be replaced with a voice .wav file? I have heard it mentioned here and there, but have not been able to find out how to do it. I am running CUCM 7.0.

Note: I do realize there is a message on the phone that says to enter the code, but I don't want to have to count on users looking at the phone after they dial the number.

Thanks,

Mark

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately there is no way to do this, not to mention that you cannot upload any files to the ANN which would take care of playing such message.

In linux appliances you do not have access to any of the folders where the ANN files are stored.

You'll have to educate the users on FAC usage or trust they look at their phones =)

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, this is what I had suspected to hear. Wouldn't it be nice to have a voice file added to CUCM and give you the option to play the voice prompt or the beep through a service parameter?

Feature request if anyone is listening!

Thanks,

Mark

hello mark-baker

me to looking for it but my long search i found way to how to do but i don't have good experience or i don't know will support CUCM 7, look at this link bellow and download following CME Forced Authorization Code files - this TCL script is not TAC supported.

https://cisco-marketing.hosted.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-1523

if work with you so please update me so i can use also thanks in advance

Regards

Taher

Can FAC tone be replaced with .wav to say "Please enter Authorization Code"

Does anyone know if the beep tone heard to indicate the FAC needs to be entered can be replaced with a voice .wav file? with CUCM Version 10.x , 11.x or 12.x

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: