Views
Helpful
Replies

SkyStone / Skype / Voicemail Issue

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have purchased the Skystone software for Skype and my UC520 which is great. I have an landline number attached to my skype account.

However when someone calls my Skype landline number  the call is routed to the correct phone (2001) however it doesn't drop into voicemail when I dont answer, Instead the user is requested to enter their extension ID...

However when I call the same phone (2001) from my softphone (2002) when I dont answer it drops into voicemail as it should...

What is the difference between a direct ext to ext call versus a skystone call being directed to the extension (2001)?

The message is "Enter your ID followed by #"....

Thanks

Brian

31 Replies 31

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

I have uploaed my running config for anyone to take a look and see why external calls are not being dropped into vmail...

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

Can you please post the following debug for a failed call, meaning, let it go to voicemail all along.

debug ccsip messages

Along with the config, this will tell us what's going on.

Thanks,

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Where does the debug information go? I enabled made a coupld of calls 1 that went to the cisco unity express main menu (which it shouldn't) and the other a successful call that dropped in to Vmail. I then stopped the debug.... However I dont know where the log is?

Can you help me?

Thanks

Brian

The debug needs to be captured on the UC500, not the CUE. SO, telnet to the UC500, login, type "enable" and then do "terminal monitor". Then, type "debug ccsip message" and make the call. Let it go to voicemail and send me all that output.

Thanks!

Marcos

Hi Marcos,

I hope this makes sense to you...

I have attached the debug and the running config....

Many Thanks for you support......

P.s. Any news on the larger flash cards yet for the UC520?

I would love to see

"debug voice ccapi inout"

as well...

Make two calls.... one from the line that does not work and then hit a bunch of *********** astericks...

Than call from the softphone that works...

Is this the full output? The debug seems incomplete...

I need to see the calling number/ redirect number in the initial INVITE.

Thanks,

Marcos

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

The CCAPI inout debug is now attached

Could you describe the call flow of what is attached?  When I look at the logs, all I see is a call into voicemail without a redirect number, which would explain the behavior that you are seeing.

This means that I am only getting the final part of the traces, or that is what is happening.  How are you gathering the traces?

Hi Brian,

Can you please provide the information (call flow) that Steven requested?

Thanks,

Marcos

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Marcos,

Appoligies for the delay. I have created two debugs CCSIP and CCAPI as well.

Hope these help.

The first call drops into the "Please enter your extension" then I do nothing and then it goes to "welcome to Cisco Unity Express...."

The second call drops into the voicemail correctly "2001 is busy please leave a message ...."

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

Try this.

config t
voice service voip
no supplementary-service sip moved-temporarily

This should change the behavior of the transfer to voicemail.  Let me know how this works for you.

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Steven,

I tried what you requested, when I call from Skype or mobile in the system I now drop into the voicemail as expected however, when I hit the messages button on the cisco phone to check for vmail there is nothing there... You have no new messages even though I here the beep and press # when you finish...

You can try and call yourself Skype ID R37747 or Skype Landline +44 131 208 2486

Thanks

Brian

brian.russell31
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Just seeing if anymore logs are required or why now the system is behaving in the way it is?

Thanks

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: