Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN Clients Can Not See Network Drives

tholmes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've set up an ASA for AnyConnect VPN Client access.

This works fine for Email and Citrix Apps but the users can not get their mapped network drives.

If, whilst in work, they connect to the LAN first, mount their drives, unplug the LAN connection and fire up the VPN, then all is well, they can access files and folders etc.

These mappings are lost on reboot, of course, so it won't work from home.

If someone could point me in the right direction to solving this one, I'd much apprecaite it.

Outlook connects to the Exchange server by name, so DNS must be working?

Best Regards Tony

5 Replies 5

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

I think you need SBL.

"With Start Before Logon (SBL) enabled, the user sees the AnyConnect GUI logon dialog before the Windows® logon dialog box appears. This establishes the VPN connection first. Available only for Windows platforms, Start Before Logon lets the administrator control the use of login scripts, password caching, mapping network drives to local drives, and more. You can use the SBL feature to activate the VPN as part of the logon sequence. SBL is disabled by default. "

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00809f0d75.shtml

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll certainly look into this. I'll let you know how I get on

Cheers Tony

Hi - just a quick question

If I get SBL working ok remotely, what would happen when the user visits the office (everyday) would this cause a problem as the VPN client would try to connect even when on the LAN

Cheers Tony

That's a really good question. Actually, this will be a new feature to be added into SBL so that it won't launch if user is connected to trusted network. I don't know when it will be available but I think it should be in the new 2.4 release.

Hi

Many thanks again for you help, I'll keep an eye out for that

Regards Tony

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: