I can't add a DN to a CTI route point on Call manager due to...

Unanswered Question
Aug 13th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello,

I'm trying to add a DN to a CTI route point which routes to Unity directly. This allows me to have a voicemail box be reachable that is not tied to a phone. So I can dial XXXX and leave a message for this person directly. The reason we have this setup is because 2 people share a phone and we have a call handler on the phone extension to route messages to person 1 or person 2 by pushing 1 or 2 if know one picks up the phone. The caller then obviously can leave the private message for person 1 or person 2 depending on who they wanted to talk to. I have the CTI route point up and running, and it works for 2 DNs that are set up on it. I'm adding a 3rd and 4th DN to this route point.

The error message I receive says:

"Add failed. Sum of device's line appearance values for maxNumCalls exceed device limitation". On the Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on Device ROUTE_TO_VM section(the name I gave the CTI ROUTE POINT) I keep changing the Max number of calls to 1 and busy trigger to 1 to see if this resolves it but it does not. I had to do this on the other DNs tied to this route point and that fixed the issue. This time it will not let me.

Any ideas?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 08/13/2009 - 16:56
User Badges:
  • Super Bronze, 10000 points or more
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony

You should be adding separate CTI Ports for each DN. Set Call Forward All to Voice Mail for each DN.

trptplayer1 Fri, 08/14/2009 - 06:11
User Badges:

Do you mean I should be adding a new separate CTI Route Point for each DN? I didn't think I had to because we have a separate one called FORWARDtoUnity and there 4 DNs tied to this one and underneath association information, it says "Line {5} - Add a new DN"...so it seems I can keep adding more. (Unless there is a limit of DNs per route point). So since this one has 4 DNs, I thought I could have 4 DNs on this new route point I created. I was wondering if I'm missing a step somewhere.

Actions

This Discussion