cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 4507R console or Ethernet Mgmt Port

tonypimen
Level 1
Level 1

Need some advice on how to connect to the console port or EMP on a Catalyst 4507R. Had a two supervisor modules somewhat fail to reset but prior to the failure had a chance to connect to the console port via hyper terminal but wasn't able to. I would prefer to connect via the EMP if I do connect to EMP do I use a RJ45 to DB9 rollover like what is used to connect to the console port?

I've read a blub in the 4507R documentation that the EMP needs to have an IP assigned to it can I do that through Cisco Network Assistant? or do I connect through hyper terminal to assign a IP?

1 Reply 1

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

The Ethernet management port can be used (in ROMMON mode only) to recover a switch software image that has been corrupted or destroyed due to a network catastrophe.

You can configure its IP in Rommon mode.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps663/products_configuration_example09186a0080094ecf.shtml#rommon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card