Question: CCIE number associate to the company

Unanswered Question
Aug 13th, 2009

Dear all

May I know, if I associate my CCIE number to the company, what is the right for me, my meaning, can I de-assiciate the number? does it any standard period od associate? does it one CCIE number can only associate to one company? After associate my CCIE number to the company, does it I am still CCIE?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (2 ratings)
Wilson Samuel Fri, 08/14/2009 - 04:36

Hi,

Cisco is very very sensitive about the CCIE affaliations. I couldnt late the webpage where Cisco Explicitly PROHIBITs use of any candidate's CCIE Number by any organization if they are working less than 40 hours per week for that organization.

Though I couldnt locate the exact URL, however this one may be of some use to your query.

http://www.ccieflyer.com/2009-Mar-Monica-Cojocneanu.php

Please rate if it helps

Regards

Wilson Samuel

joewongclsa Sat, 08/15/2009 - 09:53

Dear Samuel-Silson

Thanks for your information and reply, in fact, I am working for a channel partner, after I got the CCIE, my company offer me some benefit for associate my CCIE to the company. I hear some from someone that if associated my number to the company, even I leaving the company, my number still belong to the company ... also I can not withdraw the relationship alone, it much be released by the company.

I don't know does it ture, I tried to found from cisco website about the policy of associate my number to the company, after spend more than a day, I still didn't know the offical answer.

Thanks again

Wilson Samuel Mon, 08/17/2009 - 04:28

Hi Joe,

You needn't worry about it, as per the thread I posted above, Monica (who manages the program) Cisco runs weekly reports on the CCIE affaliations, and all channel partners are required by Cisco to report this as soon as the CCIE leaves the organization, and then the organization is given about 9 months to replace the CCIE (incase if they are under the risk of loosing Partnership level, e.g. Silver or Gold).

However if they dont report this to Cisco, their grace period is reduced to 2 months.

In any case, whenever you leave the organization, you are entitled to automatic release of the CCIE Number from the organization, and whenever you join the new organization, I would request them to do the needful, and I'm sure the process would be seamless to you irrespective of your geographical location.

HTH,

Please rate if it helps.

PS: I will do some homework and try to get the relevent links if you want.

joewongclsa Fri, 08/21/2009 - 07:26

Thanks a lot Samuel-wilson, sorry for my late reply, because this couple weeks the netwrok keep flapping... There is couple subsea cable cut happening in AsiaPac.

Yes, your information can help me a lot, therefore I am going to affaliate my number to my company without hastate.

In before, I learn from someone which once you associate the number to the company, you will loss the number forever. I know this is wrong now. But I spend more than couple hours in the Cisco Website, I only can found the information for pre CCIE, after CCIE, what is our benefit, terms and condition ... there is no additional or instruction for us to follow. I hope you can send me some link which I can learn my benefit and right in more detail.

Many thanks

Wilson Samuel Mon, 08/24/2009 - 04:38

Good to know that my write ups have been helpful and surprised to know that there is another cable cut in Asia-Pac (like we had last time in Middle East)

What is this time? FLAG, SAT-SAFE or SEA-ME-WE?

Anyways, would be nice if you could rate my threads as well :-)

Regards

Sam Wilson

tperrier Sat, 08/29/2009 - 04:13

Yes you can associate your number to the new company immediately. However, since you left a Cisco partner, if the new company is also a partner, they can't use the number to fulfill CCIE number requirements (2 for silver and 4 for gold) for one year, unless you obtain a release letter from the former company. Other certs you may have don't have this limitation, though.

joewongclsa Sun, 08/30/2009 - 01:54

Dear Tperrier

Thanks for your valuable information, that is want I want to know. Does it any relative web site or docunmentation link? I really want to learn more on the terms and condition on that.

Thanks again

Actions

This Discussion