Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth LOW/LOW MEM/LROM RDY

pramod
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am facing some issues with XR device.If i insert ATM/POS module in to XR device with XR ver 3.6.3 working fine.If i change to 3.8.0 ATM cards not coming up and showing LOW MEM. the same for POS line cards also. Even few SIP 12000-SIP-600 the same!

In IOS devices 12K

ATM module coming up but after few mins card going down showing BANDWIDTH LOW!

Can you please help me in fixing such issues! These are really blocking my configuration works! i tried with PRP2 with 4 GB MEM and PRP1 also issues remain same even iam using 2 CSC and 4 to 3 SFC. Does i need to consider the slots for PRP and line cards? most of the time card going to reset state! please help!!!!

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Pramod,

there are requirements for the memory installed on the linecards themselves not only the memory installed on the PRP counts.

We have installed GSR XR and a memory upgrade is needed on the linecard.

first of all PRP1 is not suppored in IOS XR 3.8

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/ios_xr_sw/iosxr_r3.8/migration/user/guide/up38upinst.html#wp1096775

or

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios_xr_sw/iosxr_r3.8/migration/user/guide/up38upinst.html#wp1096775

>>

Cisco supports the deployment of Cisco IOS XR software on the following route processors (RPs) installed in a Cisco XR 12000 Series Router:

•PRP2

•PRP3

and for linecards

Minimum Line Card Memory Requirement

To operate properly, Cisco IOS XR software requires that a line card have a minimum of 1 GB of memory.

Because not all Engine-5 and Engine-3 line cards are configured with this amount of memory, you must manually confirm the memory level of the line cards against the current minimum memory requirement before migration.

see

Probably memory requirements have been increased in IOS XR 3.8 in comparison with IOS XR 3.6

this can be a possible explanation of your issues

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card