Views
Helpful
Replies

Show Logg

netbeginner
Level 2
Level 2

Hello Freinds,

First, What is the exact difference between Broadcast & Multicast...please.

Second,Kindly tell about the command use to enable the event logs(uptil latest time) on cisco devices i.e logs which are reflecting on "Sh Logg" output. Actually our devices are showing all logs as per their uptime only (for eg:- 2w1d) on "sh logg" command output.

6 Replies 6

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Broadcast is a transmission sent to every single device in a domain regardless if they want to hear this transmission or not.

Multicast is a transmission sent to devices that have joined a specific multicast group.

As for your 2nd question, you need to modify your service timestamps

See

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/fundamentals/command/reference/cf_r1.html#wp1030116

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks Edison,

I have go thru the link for Serviece timestamp command, but there are lots of option in this. requesting you to pls confirm me the command which i have to execute on device to get the desired...pls.

Hii edison,

Just for your reference , pls see we are getting this type of output from "Sh logg" command.

3w3d: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from console by vty0 (100.101.1.92)

Where 3w3d is device uptime.

Use this:

service timestamps log datetime localtime show-timezone > use this to see timestamp for system message such as above

You can set local clock on router using 'clock' command.

service timestamps debug datetime localtime show-timezone > for time-stamping for debugging messages

Thanks Yagnesh,

We have also getting some messages on our cisco device. Pls confirm what this stands for. Are these genuine..

Aug 16 12:42:48 IST: %C4K_REDUNDANCY-5-CONFIGSYNC: The startup-config has been s

uccessfully synchronized to the standby supervisor

Aug 16 12:42:49 IST: %C4K_REDUNDANCY-5-CONFIGSYNC: The private-config has been s

uccessfully synchronized to the standby supervisor

This are system generated messages indicating that your active device configuration is synchronized(copy over) to your standby device. This is absolutely normal behavior.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card