Views
Helpful
Replies

MTP Resources

mitesh.mishra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there anybody know how to check the utilization of Software MTP and IOS MTP. I know how to check the utilization of hardware MTP. but i didn't get any command or way to check the utilization for the Software and IOS MTP.

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The RTMT (Real Time Monitor Tool) connected to your CUCM cluster can show the MTPs - total number, number in use, number left etc. as time passes. Very useful.

Regards,

Geoff

So I know this is an old post, but to do my part to keep information in one place, I'll ask my question here.

I need to allocate more MTP resources for my CUCM cluster. I am planning on utilizing my 3945 voice gateways by setting up DSP farms and registering them with CUCM (version 7.1.5). I am leaning towards utilizing the actual DSP hardware as the majority of my call traffic in this site will be via SIP trunk and each router has a single PVDM3-192.

So my question is...what happens if all of my DSPs are in use as MTP resources for the SIP traffic? Is there any negative affect on the router? Can I set a limit on the router so that I can keep some DSP channels free for TDM calls? What if I decide to set up software only MTP resources on the router. From what I've read, these only utilize the router CPU. If that's the case, how would I limit those MTP resources so that I am not over taxing the router CPU?

Thanks!

Brett

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: