Views
Helpful
Replies

MTP Resources

mitesh.mishra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there anybody know how to check the utilization of Software MTP and IOS MTP. I know how to check the utilization of hardware MTP. but i didn't get any command or way to check the utilization for the Software and IOS MTP.

2 Replies 2

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

The RTMT (Real Time Monitor Tool) connected to your CUCM cluster can show the MTPs - total number, number in use, number left etc. as time passes. Very useful.

Regards,

Geoff

So I know this is an old post, but to do my part to keep information in one place, I'll ask my question here.

I need to allocate more MTP resources for my CUCM cluster. I am planning on utilizing my 3945 voice gateways by setting up DSP farms and registering them with CUCM (version 7.1.5). I am leaning towards utilizing the actual DSP hardware as the majority of my call traffic in this site will be via SIP trunk and each router has a single PVDM3-192.

So my question is...what happens if all of my DSPs are in use as MTP resources for the SIP traffic? Is there any negative affect on the router? Can I set a limit on the router so that I can keep some DSP channels free for TDM calls? What if I decide to set up software only MTP resources on the router. From what I've read, these only utilize the router CPU. If that's the case, how would I limit those MTP resources so that I am not over taxing the router CPU?

Thanks!

Brett