Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA-2100 keeps blinking.

Matthijs1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

After receiving the SPA-2100 I have a problem with it. SPA-2100 further revert to as ATA.

It's seems to be in this stage and never comes out of it:

Slow Blinking (0.5s ON, 0.5s OFF continuous)

• System Initialization; only happens when the SPA boots-up, the time could be as long as 10 seconds (hardware reboot) to two seconds (warm reboot).
  • Firmware downloading.
  • Looking for DHCP. 

Further symptoms are:

1) The yellow and green status lights (All lights Status, Line1, Line2, Wan and Wan) on the ATA continues flashing once power is connected (with no other cables connected). I have tried disconnecting and "resting" the ATA and then reconnecting the power but the yellow and green status lights never "stabilize" and will continue flashing intermittently;
2) When the ATA's WAN port is connected directly to my router Lan port and the ATA's PC port connected to my laptop it reports that the network connection cycles through available then limited and there after disconnected ("Local Area Connection - A network cable is unplugged") on the same cycle that both the ATA yellow and green status indicators and the modem's LAN connectivity light indicate.
4) Listening to the connected analog phone you can hear no sound feedback through the earpiece. Also no commands seem to work. (****, etc)

I hope this device can still be made workable.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Matt,

I hate to say it man, but it looks (after viewing the video) as though that device is toast. Where did you get it, how long have you had it, have you contacted the sbsc (866-606-1866) for support on it, and when did this start happening? If you got it from a VoIP provider, then you must contact them for a new unit. If the device was purchased by you, then you can provide the serial number to the small business support center for a possible rma. If you have had it longer than the hardware warranty is for, then you will need to buy another device. The link lights on each ethernet port should not be on unless there is an active connection on the other end. It looks like the device is stuck in its' boot cycle (POST) and will not initialize. Good luck.

Bill

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Matthijs1980
Level 1
Level 1

I have made a short video of the device and the status it is in. I have tried to use the recovery tool but it seems it cannot connect to the ATA. I hope someone can determine if the device is defective.

Matt,

I hate to say it man, but it looks (after viewing the video) as though that device is toast. Where did you get it, how long have you had it, have you contacted the sbsc (866-606-1866) for support on it, and when did this start happening? If you got it from a VoIP provider, then you must contact them for a new unit. If the device was purchased by you, then you can provide the serial number to the small business support center for a possible rma. If you have had it longer than the hardware warranty is for, then you will need to buy another device. The link lights on each ethernet port should not be on unless there is an active connection on the other end. It looks like the device is stuck in its' boot cycle (POST) and will not initialize. Good luck.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for helping me out. I got the device from eBay. (I know not the best place) But the seller seems to sell a lot of these devices and customer service is excellent. (I got a DOA before but shipping was reimbursed) She told me it is a power supply issue and that it keep rebooting. (AC/DC Adapter Model:P/N: 0502000 Input: 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.6A Output: 5V 2.0A) I will get a new power supply and will try that or I can return it.The problem started when I first got the device and powered it up. I will post further finding here.

But I always try to get the device working myself (in this case with your excellent help) or try to contribute so people with the same problem can get the info online. This service has pulled me to future Cisco devices purchases. Thanks again.

Hi everyone,

The spa-2100 works now after I got another switching type  power supply. I can use the webbased admin and the IVR on the device. After I upgraded the firmware (to 3.3.14) with the tool provided here on the forum it seems the "Gateway Accounts" field is gone.

I would like to use 2 voip providers 1 for inbound and one for outbound calls. A factory reset did not help out. Can someone help me out? (Again 
) I have made a picture from the internet with the missing part.

Hi Matthijs1980,

Please provide the device's configuration. Instructions are similar to these: https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-5101

I'm guessing that the device could be locked to a provider, looking at the device's full config will provide more clues.

Regards,

Patrick

----------

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: