cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME w/BRI one SPID has 5ESS and one has NI?

neharris
Level 1
Level 1

setup: CME with a couple phones served by a 2 line BRI on 12.4(15)T7. Problem: outbound calls are fine on either spid. Inbound calls work on first spid but second spid rings twice and then stops. Calling party hears continuous ringing and call appears rejected.

I previously posted this problem under the topic "CME with BRI cannot answer second inbound voice call" but there is a new and intriguing development: The example above is based on a switch type config of basic-NI, but if I change the configuration to basic-5ess the first channel now has the problem and the second works fine.

I'd think this is a carrier problem but I don't believe they can provision each channel/SPID of a BRI with different signaling.

I've opened another ticket with the carrier to ask the question but is it possible? Can the carrier provision one channel of a BRI with NI/DMS100 and the other channel with 5ESS?

Any thoughts on this? I'm willing to try anything.

Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No, they can't.

Beside, router doesn't really make use of spids.

Traces, traces, traces.

I've been with carriers for a couple decades and have never seen it done, but I also know that carriers have custom switch loads built. The Nortel/MCI DMS250 is a perfect example. That said I'd agree with you. Thanks for your help in solving.

For Traces: If you read within the message you'll see the other thread has everything attached. I can copy it over but it would seem a waste of space. let me know if you want to see debugs that aren't already there. thx

Haven't seen the other thread can you link to it ?

neharris
Level 1
Level 1

SOLUTION: The problem, believe it or not, turned out to be that the 7 digit phone numbers for each of the BRI bearers was missing from the spid configuration lines in the BRI interface configuration.

I am surprised I missed it but even more surprised that no one else caught it.

Case closed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: