cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

COBRAS Issue Duplicate AD Attributes

DAVE GENTON
Level 2
Level 2

Got a tech onsite using COBRAS to migrate to a new unity server, HOWEVER the new unity server is a different name, so when restoring unity data to the new server it is spitting out errors on the users advising they are duplicates in active directory associated with another unity server, can anyone assist with this ?? how to clean AD or what have you to clean up subscribers moving to new server. If I remember correctly, I thought it supported changing the name of the servers....

thanks in advance

dave

4 Replies 4

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sounds like the old Cisco Unity server and the new Cisco Unity server are in the same Active Directory. If that is the case, and I suspect it is, you will also need to use the latest version of the Global Subscriber Manager (GSM) utility which you can get from http://www.ciscounitytools.com.

1. Backup the old Cisco Unity server with COBRAS (get the latest version from http://www.ciscounitytools.com ).

2. Move the subscriber(s) from the old Cisco Unity server to the new Cisco Unity server with the latest version of the Global Subscriber Manager (GSM) utility.

3. Restore the COBRAS data to the new Cisco Unity server.

GSM will delete the subscriber(s) from the old Cisco Unity server and re-create them on the new Cisco Unity server as well as well as kick off a synch with AD to update their AD account(s) to reflect that they are subscribers on the new server. You will then be able to restore the subscriber(s) data to the new Cisco Unity server with COBRAS.

Be sure to read the GSM help file as there are some things you have to setup before you are able to use the utility to move subscribers.

Thanks bro, we'll give it a shot.

Dave

Hi Dave,

I am running into the exact same scenario. Were you able to get this working based on the information the previous person posted for you?

Thanks,

Damon

it's a very common scenario - comes up often. There's a section in the help file for COBRAS dedicated to moving users between systems in the same directory that covers the use of GSM as Chris notes - COBRAS will not ever allow you do to it in one shot to avoid possible unintended overwrites (i.e. clobering a user that's owned by another Unity server in the directory).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: