cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Designing Receptionist Phone

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have 7960 with 7914 sidecar. I have a DID on it, and two line groups, which are used to handle multiple calls for the main numbers. After hours, i forward all to vm. What I am seeing is that the CFwdAll button appears to work only for the DID, and that HL still hunt. I edited the HP to Forward Hunt No Answer to the VM pilot extension, and this is working. Is this behavior normal?

Also,I cant remember what the difference is between what I have above (Multiple lines appearances in a hunt , and a single line appearance, handling multiple calls. Looking for Best practices. thanks

10 Replies 10

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you mean the DID is member of a line group and when you set CFA on the phone calls to the hunt pilot still ring, that's expected. Only if you call directly the phone it will follow the CF settings.

CF settings are bypassed if calls are routed thru pilot points and hunt pilots.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Pete,

Hope all is well buddy!

Just to add a clip to the great info from our friend Java (+5 points here Java :)

You have to keep in mind that a call that has routed via the Hunt Pilot will always ignore the CFWD Settings on Hunt Group Member phones. The normal way to control this then is via the Hunt Group Logout of member phones combined with the Hunt Pilot level forward settings.

The following describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature. Here is a clip;

Hunting and Call Forwarding

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco Unified Communications Manager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) ***Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA), Call Forward Busy (CFB), or Call Forward All (CFA) settings for the attempted party (Line Group member Phones).

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1078922

So, you are really using the best practice for this type of setup. The next step for handling of reception style duties is to move to the attendant Console product line.

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob, thanks for the quick reply. We are targeting moving to AC, probably ARC Enterprise eventually. I know I can take multiple calls on a single line appearance and use the rocker button to move between calls.

Or, I can keep the LG. I played with the Hunt Forward all, and I do get it to forward correctly, albeit it after it tries all the hunt members.

wouldnt I be better with Option 1? This way, the receptionist can cfwall without trying each member. I dont see the benefit of the Line Group configuration.

I'll start reading the doc now. Comments are welcome.

Hi Pete,

If you are running this only for a single Reception position, then, yes the Line Group method may be overkill. The use of Hunt Group configs is generally for multiple members. One thing that some of our people who answer multiple calls like is the "older" Multiple line config shown in this excellent Tech Note;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008009409c.shtml

Some people have trouble using the "rocker" button to navigate through the calls coming in on the same button. This "old school" method (from the link above) gives a easy to use visual line config. And allows Call Forward All to completely control to re-routing of calls.

Cheers!

Rob

Thank you very much, my friend.

BTW, have any experience with ATA's ? and CM7? Should i start another post?

Hey Pete,

You are most welcome! I'm no expert on ATA's, but fire away and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers!

Rob

quite simple, the ATA wont register. I see from cdp nei that it gets a valid ip address, in the voice vlan, but doesnt then talk to tftp server. Both Options 150 and 66 have been set in the scope. Phones work fine.

I tried trunk port configs, voice vlan only config (no access) on switch. Took some wireshark captures, and have been working with TAC.

Tried manually configuring it through web page, still nothing.

any thoughts?

Hi Pete,

Sorry man! The only time I have seen this issue is when I fat-fingered the mac in CUCM config.

Cheers!

Rob

No worries, thanks for your help

I got it!

Use the Preserv ata command at a dos prompt. open up IE to the device at x.x.x.x/dev. change the Nprintf to the ip address of your laptop. Port 9001, ie, x.x.x.x.9001

Once I did that, I saw that the ATA was trying to contact my pub (which is not running CM services). (after hex dec conversion)

Change UseTftp from 1 to 0

Change CA0 or CM0 to first CMserver

Change CA1 or CM1 to alternate CM

Bang! it registered.

Been a long day, cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: