Does Passing CVOICE exam extend CCNP certification

Answered Question
Aug 16th, 2009

Hello All,

My CCNP expires in 4.5 months (Dec. 2009)but I passed CVOICE in July 2008. Can someone tell me if passing CVOICE will extend my CCNP certification? If so, for how long? If not, can someone point me to a url which explains which exams, if passed, extends the CCNP cert?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Adil

adil.nasser@owenscorning.com

Correct Answer by jbrenesj about 7 years 6 months ago

To recertify, pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/le2/le37/learning_certification_level_home.html

If you took the old 642-432 CVOICE its retired, current CVOICE is 642-436, you can take this one.

Anyhow, check your current certification status at

cisco.com/go/certifications/login

Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
adil.nasser3 Sun, 08/16/2009 - 09:53

I checked on the status of my certification and the good news is that my certification was extended another 3 years. I should have thought of going to this website to check. Thank you for providing the URL to check.

Adil

adil.nasser3 Sun, 08/16/2009 - 09:56

Now that I found out that my certification has been extended to 7/2011, how do I go about getting another certificate with an updated expiry date on it?

Adil

jbrenesj Sun, 08/16/2009 - 21:56

I think you cant but what I normally do is send a certification validation email to the person who is interested in your current certification level (employer or similar) so they can confirm that you are still a professional.

On that same link I sent you can publish your credentials for free and an email will be sent upon your request

adil.nasser3 Mon, 08/17/2009 - 05:33

I checked out the same cisco website and there is an option to order a printed certificate for the cost of $15.

Wilson Samuel Mon, 08/17/2009 - 08:51

Even the Electronic Certificate these days costs money.

Oh good old days, when I have had 2 copies of CCNP (both printed) and never Cisco had any issues with re-issuing anything new!!

Actions

This Discussion