Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Automated Provisioning

vincevalenti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm wondering what my options are for automated subscriber provisioning with CUC 7.1. I'm using the AXL interface for CUCM, but from what I can find, this isn't implemented for Connection. I've seen Jeff Lindborg's excellent tools over at ciscounitytools.com, specifically CUDLI, which provide access to the Informix database. At this point, I'm thinking stored procedures are my only option -- not necessarily a bad thing; I just want to make sure I'm doing my homework. Is that correct?

Thanks!

-Vince

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

currently that's what you have - stored procs and view via ODBC across the proxy DB service.

when CUC 7.1(3) releases there will be an option to use a REST web interface to get at the same stored procs/views (most of them anyway) for basic user and list provisioning tasks which will be a bit easier for folks like you to use as opposed to the heavy ODBC direct link. The REST API will be fully supported by TAC and the BU as well and will always be available (the ODBC service turns itself off on restarts and after a period of time) - the direct ODBC connection is not supported - same deal as with Unity actually but folks have been using it for years anyway. Stick to the procs when changing the DB and you'll be safe. Direct table edits are a bit time no-no.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

currently that's what you have - stored procs and view via ODBC across the proxy DB service.

when CUC 7.1(3) releases there will be an option to use a REST web interface to get at the same stored procs/views (most of them anyway) for basic user and list provisioning tasks which will be a bit easier for folks like you to use as opposed to the heavy ODBC direct link. The REST API will be fully supported by TAC and the BU as well and will always be available (the ODBC service turns itself off on restarts and after a period of time) - the direct ODBC connection is not supported - same deal as with Unity actually but folks have been using it for years anyway. Stick to the procs when changing the DB and you'll be safe. Direct table edits are a bit time no-no.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the quick and helpful response. This will definitely get me started until 7.1(3) is available. Is that still on track for Octoberish?

I wouldn't dream of doing direct table UPDATEs after your rather verbose warning at the beginning of the CUDLI stored procedures video. I got quite a chuckle. :)

Thanks,

-Vince

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: