about Forward orignal number problem.

benzhao98
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all

A is a external telephone

B is a Cisco ip Phone

C is external telephone

we settings "no answer forward" to C on B.

when A call B,B forward the call to C. B's number is displaied on C. Now I want to show A's number on C.

My CM version is 5.1.2.3000 and it is base H.323. I can see A's number base on mgcp.

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot do that, as telco doesn't allow originating call with arbitrary number, for obvious reasons.

thanks for your reply.

But Custome tell me that it is work well when use MGCP protocol? Why?

Take "debug ISDN Q931", check which calling number is sent to PSTN in case of forwarding.

A is a external telephone

B is a Cisco ip Phone

C is external telephone

I can see the A's number as calling number in GW, but the A'S number is not in range of DID of B, so the calling is disconnect, why GW can not tell pstn this is a forward calls, and make b as calling number?

sorry ,my english is not well. hope you understand above.

In CM (sorry not sure exactly where) there is a setting that you must set to "calling number: redirecting".

Thank you very much.

That's no problem. I will try other ways.

You don;t need to try other ways the setting is there for that reason, sorry I don't remember in which exact page it is found, but if you serach using the box on the right side, you will find many cases asking the same.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: