cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EtherChannel on private-vlan ports 3560G

indicomtg
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure LACP EtherChannel on a Cat-3560G.

I connected several server to different Cat-3560G switches on isolated privat-vlan-port. I have one backup-system that I connect on promiscuous port on one single Cat-3560G. All devices are in the same L2 domain. So far this works like expected.

Now I am trying to configure LACP EtherChannel for the backup-system to increase throuput. I wanted to to like in the Cisco Document ID: 98469. Unfortunately EtherChannel configuration is not possible on private-vlan-port.

Any workaround for this problem?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

johnspaulding
Level 1
Level 1

You need to configure the channel on a non-private-vlan. Thats the only work around I know. You can always restrict the access with an VLAN ACL.

Ok. I will use ACL instead of private VLAN. Unfortunately It's not as simple as privat VLAN and less secure (?)

Well, You can get almost as secure as you want it. You could use a VACL

Basically you break it down like this:

access-list TRAFFIC permit (traffic incoming and outgoing to the VLAN)

than create you vlan access-map

vlan access-map TEST 10

match address TRAFFIC

action forward

vlan access-map TEST 20

action drop

vlan filter-list TEST vlan 100 (number of you vlan)

In the first access-map that referances the access-list TRAFFIC you permit all your traffic here. This traffic can be inside the vlan itself too.

example - permit tcp host 10.205.0.1 host 10.205.0.2 - In the same subnet

So thi is a good way to secure traffic inside the vlan you apply to that port. You have full control over what allowed inside and outside with this VACL

Here a good read:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.2_44_se/configuration/guide/swacl.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card