cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting two CRS-4 over 110Km lenght dark-fiber

gespitia
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder if I want connect two CRS-4 over 110Km lenght and get 40G of througput whitout ONS 15454 MSTP DWDM infrastructure.

I am looking for lowering the cost for a two cities point-to-point carrier class connection with high throughput.

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In DWDM platform it can go 1000Km without 3R regeneration means the signal still have to go through OPtical Amplifier & Dispersion modules but it does not any transponder to retime the signal(in simple words you are not converting from optical to electrical anywhere in 1000Km link).

Throughput will be 40G in both cases for single wavelngth/channel. Do you mean something else by throughput.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

viyuan700
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

If you are talking about this module then long reach card is for 80Km and possibly will not go another 30Km.

Cisco CRS-1 4-Port OC-192c/STM-64 POS/DPT Interface Module

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5763/ps5862/product_data_sheet09186a008022d5ef.html

You can try these 2 options,

1. You can first get fiber spec of the Dark fiber what is Dispsersion and PMD for that fiber then you can check with the spec of card how far it can go but looks very difficult to stretch 30Km.

2. YOu can see third party cheaper DWDM box with amplifier & dispersion module.

Thank you for the reply.

As long as I can understand for it, it is possible to interconnect two CRS-4 by mean a dark-fiber without a DWDM transport system, if the distance and fiber parameters limits are meeted.

In the 1-Port OC-768C/STM-256C Tunable WDMPOS datasheet I can read that the targeted distance is 1000km for DWDM Line Interface, and 80 or 100Km for Single-channel optical link (without DWDM).

This would mean that a DWDM platform is needed to get the 1000km length?

What about the throughput when it is connected in single-chanel mode?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps5763/product_data_sheet0900aecd80395bbe.html

I appreciate so much your attention.

Gustavo Espitia

In DWDM platform it can go 1000Km without 3R regeneration means the signal still have to go through OPtical Amplifier & Dispersion modules but it does not any transponder to retime the signal(in simple words you are not converting from optical to electrical anywhere in 1000Km link).

Throughput will be 40G in both cases for single wavelngth/channel. Do you mean something else by throughput.

Thanks Vishwamurti for the replies, they resolved my issue for now.

I hope I can come back with related questions when the link design be a bit more definited.

Sincerely,

Gustavo Espitia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: