Views
Helpful
Replies

N5000 and vPC

gnijs
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I know vPC supports multi-homing a FEX to two N5000. Also vPC allows to build a server portchannel across two single connected FEX.

Does vPC also support building a server portchannel across two FEX that are each dual connected to two N5000 ?

Is this on the road-map ?

4 Replies 4

iyde
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

Currently NOT supported but as far as I know it'll be supported in the upcoming release this autumn.

HTH.

Hello,

Is there any further documentation on all the included features of the new NX-OS release, and a release date?

I'd like to slide it in under our configuration freeze. It sure would fix a lot of stuff for me.

You might want to talk to your Cisco account team since some of these info might require NDA.

Regards,

jerry

yes it is ( c`mon, everybody wants this.. ) otherwise you can't build LACP teamed interfaces.

If you have HPs w/recent code they auto-negotiate teaming ....

so ahead and configure everything as though it did work, just put both ports into the same VLAN and when it is available you can convert a server at a time to vPC for teaming.

But really ... aren't 2 ports from 2 different FEXs that can both service traffic good enough ?

And yes, I have servers setup this way.