Views
Helpful
Replies

Message filters on a single listener

richardacarey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a single listener that handles inbound and outbound messages. I would like to apply a message filter only for outbound messages.

Is there a message filter that I can script for this?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

santoshkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have configured two listner, one for incoming mail (internet) & other from internal mail(intranet) from smtp authenticated user only, i need to creat a message filter that does not allowed forged smtp auth user to send mail useing other email id.
im using one c350 only for internal & incoming mails.outgoing mail are send by another c350.

Does Any have idea how to write a message filter for a particular listner with such condition.
also is it possible to wrte a content filter for check such forged smtp auth user.
pls help if some one have idea about it.

kB article for such not help me to apply it, as i m not good in writing message filter. :(

santosh

richardacarey
Level 1
Level 1

FYI. I was able to write a message filter for outbound messages on a single listener. This filter will not apply a footer/disclaimer rule to outbound messages that are encrypted using PKI (we have certain users who need to use certificate based encryption instead of CRES).

Here is how:

no_footer_in_encrypted_msgs: if (sendergroup == "RELAYLIST") AND (NOT
(encrypted))
{
add-footer("name of disclaimer");
}

Andrew Wurster
Level 1
Level 1

yes you can also use the rules/conditions 'recv-int' or 'recv-listener'.

see section "Using Message Filters to Enforce Email Policies" in the asyncos advanced user guide for specific usage examples and such.

happy filtering!

andrew

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: