cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade 2950T-24

Dirks
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2950T-24 switch with 12.1.22.EA1 software and 8 MB of flash. I want to upgrade this switch with a new tar file. Following the upgrade guide, I should use the command "archive download-sw" The thing is, this command is not supported on my switch. I tried to delete my image file and then upload the tar file to my flash but still there was not enough space on my flash; I got the following error:

%Error copying flash:/c2950-i6q4l2-tar.121-22.EA13.tar (No space left on device)

How can i upgrade my switch and overwrite the current files and directories?

6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

You can remove the files/directories with the following command:-

delete /force /recursive flash:<>

Then tftp the .tar file to your flash, and try the command:-

archive tar /xtract flash:<>

HTH>

Andrew,

Thank you very much. However I did like you told me and after i downloaded the tar image file and used the command "archive tar /xtract flash:c2950-i6q4l2-tar.121-22.EA13.tar flash:" i got the following error message.

"%Error writing flash:/c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA13.bin (Not enough space on device)"

My flash shows a total of 7741440 bytes and cco tells me that 8Mbyte is needed. So this is almost enough for this image. Could this be the problem?

I am afraid so - have you tried installing the same version of IOS but in a .bin format (without the html files etc) ??

Andrew,

No I did not because my cutomer wants to start using the http server in the newer version.

Thanks anyway

Ahh OK - you might suggest to your customer, the use the .bin file (as this is smaller) if he wants a gui to configure/manage the switch d/l and install on a pc the Cisco Network Assistant ?

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Delete the current file or directory and any html files. check filename with a dir flash: If using a .bin file if you just get rid of the html files will allow you to have 2 images in flash.

"delete flash:

If a directory

delete /force /recursive flash:

html files

delete flash:*.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card