Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ivr help needed

i was wondering if someone has had the same problem...

we have a prety simple contact center with just 2 agents and a simple ivr

when i dial the trigger from a cisco ip phone everything works great...

if i dial in from the pstn i get the "unknown number" tone after the first ring and the call is terminated...

the codec used on ccx is G711... the pstn lines are BRI G711alaw...

i have been trying to figure this out myself all day with no luck...

would appreciate any help i can get

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the Trigger (CTI Route Point) a DID?

If it is, is the partition for the CCX CTI Route Point and CTI Ports in the gateway's CSS?

If it isn't, are you using a translation pattern to translate to the CTI Route Point?

Is that translation pattern's partition in the gateway's CSS?

The Trigger is a DID

The gateway has all partitions in it's css

as i was trying to figure this out... when i change the codec settings to G729 from G711 under the CCX->system parameters>media parameters i don't get disconnected, rather i get to the MoH after the ivr prompts but get silence instead of the prompts...

my prompts are ulaw wav files...

Ok, the reason you get silence when setting CCX to use G.729 is because the WAV files you have uploaded are not in G.729 format. CCX does not transcode the uploaded files.

As for why it fails with G.711, I suspect this is because your voice gateway is using G.711 a-Law. CCX is expecting u-Law. Try changing the voice gateway to add u-Law support and see what happens.

Cisco Gateways and phones auto-magically convert between a and u-law. Shouldn't need to do anything.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

1. Make sure the agent DN's and the CTI-Ports are in the same partition.

2. Make sure the Agent(s) DN, CTI-Ports DN and inbound gateway can all see each other via their respective CSS. This has to work in BOTH directions.

I try remember that a CSS is a question. What can I see? Also remember it does NOT mean what can see me?

all the dn's and cti ports and gw can see each other...

i sorted the problem by playing with the codecs on my voip dial-peer...

however...

now when the ivr does pick up my call the sound quality is very poor and my DTMF signals do not come through to the ccx to make a redirect based on the rules...

i have included a brief config attached, maybe i am missing something ovious

What codec did you deploy your UCCX server with? G.711 or G.729?

Are your region settings in CUCM setup to allow G.711 or G.729 directly from the gateway's region to your agent's region? Check to see that you are not engaging a transcoder.

Get rid of the h245-signal on your dtmf relay statement on Dial-peer 3000.

On another note, UCCX only supports G.711 uLaw as do all Cisco IP Phones. The voice gateway will auto-magically transform aLaw into uLaw for you without any need for an MTP, Transcoder, etc... so change your voice-class codec to just use g711ulaw only first and then g.729 second. Don't worry about aLaw unless you are cross-connecting to another aLaw system.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: