cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS on MFR0

whanson
Level 2
Level 2

If I have an MFR0 bundle and I have a policy map on the major interface and a policy map on the subinterfaces does the policy on the subinterface override or is it a combination deal?

3 Replies 3

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

The Policy-map on the Major Interface will override the Policy-map on the subinterface.

HTH

Mohamed

but what if they do different things. In other words say the major policy gives a percentage of traffic to voice on a global level yet on the subint there is a policy that shapes traffic and further sets dscp values? I guess what I am asking if they the two policies don't overlap do they both get invoked

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

As noted, the major interface has always prefrence, so the policy applied to the main interface will override the applied on the subinterface.

For your requirment, I think you will need to have 2 policies applied to 2 different subinterfaces if possible, but this will require changes on your current setup.

HTH

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card