Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Remote Phone

jmathews63002
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have been trying to find a solution of using a Cisco IP phone remotely to connect to a UC 500 without a Router (800 series or 500 series).  I understand that the UC 500 requires a router to establish a remote VPN connection before a IP phone can connect remotely.  With most of the other IP phone systems this is not a requirement.  They use the IP phone remotely and connect to the central IP phone system. With all the new developments on the UC 500, is this possible?

Thanks,

Jibu Mathews

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Jibu,

The CIPC is a 7970 softphone and does everything that model can do and supports all the buttons and services right from the deskop, which only has to connect with a Cisco VPN Client (EZVPN) to the mother ship UC500 built in VPN Server.

We otherwise dont have client SW on hard phones to make that work without a remote teleworker router (SR520W or 871W ISR which are popular ones.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for your response.  This is a question posed by one of my prospects who is evaluating options along with the UC500.  This is a good feature to have.  I know that the EZVPN client is very secure and I will use that as a selling point.  This is something that we need to think in the future releases.

Jibu

I'll make sure the PMs see your post.

Thanks again Jibu.