Problems with certification extention recognition

Answered Question
Aug 18th, 2009

I have a prolonged/extended CCNA certification as I passed the first CCNP exam, the BSCI.

Nevertheless, I have an issue with my employer who claims that my CCNA certification is expired while I cannot offer him a (re)certification proof. He doesn't know about Cisco certification policy, he only sees that my CCNA diploma is expired on August 03.

Cisco doesn't send us nothing when a certification is extended by the mean of an new exam. Not even a mail proof.

I wrote to them but they answered that 'your CCNA is automatically extended when you pass any CCNP exam..bla bla' but not a real proof, a paper or a token in order to be presented to the employer.

I am on the verge to lose my job for this reason.

What to do ? Did this happen to you?

Correct Answer by Slater1601 about 7 years 6 months ago

You can order a new certificate through the Cisco Career Certification Tracking site that I believe will have your current expiration on it. I think they're like $15 or something like that. Try

http://www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login

Also, you can log in and "publish" your credentials. You type in your bosses email address and Cisco will send him an e-mail validating your certifications.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Slater1601 Tue, 08/18/2009 - 07:59

You can order a new certificate through the Cisco Career Certification Tracking site that I believe will have your current expiration on it. I think they're like $15 or something like that. Try

http://www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login

Also, you can log in and "publish" your credentials. You type in your bosses email address and Cisco will send him an e-mail validating your certifications.

Slater1601 Tue, 08/18/2009 - 08:08

Actually I just tried the second option. It will send your boss an email with a link and a verification code. He clicks the link, enters the code, and it will then show him a report of the certifications you have. Hopefully this will help you keep your job :)

Actions

This Discussion