Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot access Auto attendent

apedder123
Level 1
Level 1

I'm setting up the AA on a UC520.

I've given it an extension number of 401, so I can dial it and test it before we put it live on the DDI.

However when I dial 401 from an internal phone I just get the number unobtainable tone. I've set up prompt management from another extension and that is working fine.

I'm using the aa_sbcs_v02.aef Script while I test it.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Adam

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What version of CUE are you using? If you are using 7.0.3 release, you will the CUE Editor that's compatible with that release. You can download the CUE Editor for 7.0.3 from the website below:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cue-703-utilities

HTH,

Saurabh

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Saurabh Verma
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Adam,

Are you using CCA to configure Auto Attendant? If not, I would highly recommend using rev 2.0.1 available for download from CCO - it takes care of multiple manual configurations that is easy to overlook. When configuring Auto Attendant manually you need to perform the following tasks:

a) Configure CUE with UC500 as the gateway

b) Configure the assigned number (401 in this case) as the trigger for AA

c) Upload the Script and configure the script parameters within CUE

d) Record prompts for the AA and upload them in CUE

e) On UC 500 side, you will need to make sure that the serivce engine has been configured appropriately

f) Need to create SIP dial-peers to communicate with CUE (ensure proper codec/vad settings on the dial-peer)

If you forward the configuration from UC 500 and CUE it will be easy to diagnose the issue. I would still recommend that you use CCA to configure AA.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Thanks for the reply.

I am using CCA 2.0.1.

I've attached the running config.

Not that I plan to set it up manually, can you point me in the direction of documentation to do so? Might help if I have missed something.

Adam

The attachment didn't have any auto attendant configuration. Did you click on "apply" or "ok" after configuring Auto Attendant in CCA?

If you close CCA and relaunch, does it detect the Auto Attendant configuration? It will be good to look at the CCA logs when you are configuring AA. Can you share that? The log files are located at "C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\CiscoSMB\Cisco Configuration Assistant". Capture the latest one after you make the changes (look at the file timestamp to be sure).

-Saurabh

Just closed CCA. Opened it. Made a change in the AA options ( just to make sure it detected something) and then OKed it.

I've attached the CCA log.

It tells me that Configuration was updated sucessfully.

From the logs, looks like CCA didn't configure the voip dial-peers for Auto Attendant. I will run this log by the engineering team. In the meanwhile, can you perform a screen capture of the Auto Attendant feature? If you are configuring multiple tabs, can you capture all the tabs?

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Adam,

I have been in touch with the engineering team. Looks like this may be a defect on CCA. Are you using a Norwegian template for Outbound dial plan? If not, can you delete it from the following directory?

C:\Documents and Settings\\.configuration assistant\telephony\dialplan

Let me know if it works after removing this template.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Looks like it was the Norwegians!

I can now access the Autoattendant.

Just as one simple question though - where can I download the AA Script editor?

Thanks.

Adam

When using Script Editor, please make sure that you match the editor version with CUE version.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Thanks for that - got it.

I can't seem to open the aef files from the UC520 software pack with it though. I only want to make a small change to one of the scripts, it seems a lot more work to start again.

Is there any way I can open them? (I just want to add a timeout option to aa_sbcs_v02.aef to transfer it to an extenstion if no options are selected).

Thanks.

What version of CUE are you using? If you are using 7.0.3 release, you will the CUE Editor that's compatible with that release. You can download the CUE Editor for 7.0.3 from the website below:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cue-703-utilities

HTH,

Saurabh

Thanks, clearly wasn't using the right version of CUE editor.

I've now got what I hope is a simple anwser about using it.

I am editing the aa_sbcs_v02.aef script, as it does pretty much all I want.

What I want is Dial by Extension anytime, and the transfer to an extension on time out. The script does the dial by extention, but I can't see where to edit a time out. n.b. all I want is an announcement and then Dial by Extension or time out to an extension.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

You may want to send your questions regarding CUE Script modification to ask-cue-editor@external.cisco.com

Thanks,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: