Just passed my CCNA;) I need some help;)

Unanswered Question
Aug 18th, 2009

Hi all,

I have just recently passed the CCNA exam 944/1000 and i want to get more competience in the all round nature of networks. So i was thinking about taking CCDA then CCNA Voice before undertaking CCNP. I have no other experience in networking other than what i have done in CCNA, Do any of you have an opinion on this? Do you think its the right move?

Many Thanks,

Bill from the UK

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Slater1601 Tue, 08/18/2009 - 07:54

I passed the CCNA and then went on to get slaughtered by the CCDA. If you don't have much real world experience in voice and wireless, I wouldn't attemp the CCDA yet. I went on to the CCNA-V instead and passed it a couple weeks ago. I'm lightly studying CCNA-W at the moment.

billyinkin Tue, 08/18/2009 - 07:57

do you know if its possible to take the CCDA exam if you only have the CCNA under your belt?

Slater1601 Tue, 08/18/2009 - 08:16

Yes you can. I basically took the same track as you are. CCDA is still an associate level certification. Are you going to take a stab at it?

jim_berlow Tue, 08/18/2009 - 07:59

I hear this same thing quite a bit. It looks like most people go on to complete the CCNP before they attempt the CCDA. From what I understand, there are a lot of technologies at play in the CCDA that a CCNA just doesn't have enough exposure to yet.

billyinkin Tue, 08/18/2009 - 08:18

could you also look at it that the CCDA will give edded learning, so that when you take CCNP it will not be so demanding;) i want to get design and voice at associate level before taking CCNP and then taking CCDP then CCVP. Does this sound like a good line of study to you guys?

Bill

billyinkin Tue, 08/18/2009 - 08:22

Yes Slater, i fancy having a pop at it, I think it will give me more knowledge before i take on CCNA Voice, CCNP, and the professional Certs;))) If i know something about Cisco, its that nothing is easy;))) What line of attack are you going for slater?

Slater1601 Tue, 08/18/2009 - 08:32

You can certainly take whichever road is interesting to you. I like to think that I absorb knowledge well and am also a pretty good test taker, yet I got destroyed by that test. Now that I've taken the CCNA-V, I bet I could do a lot better on CCDA, but still probably wouldn't pass. If you're hell bent on CCDA my suggestion would be

CCNA

CCNA-V

CCNA-W

CCNA-S

The CCDA emcompasses topics from all 4 of those.

billyinkin Tue, 08/18/2009 - 09:22

I will have a pop slater, if I fail miserably I will step back to CCDA after CCNP. I'm looking forward to the next chapter of this cisco learning tree;) once your in it kinda has you hooked;)))

Slater1601 Tue, 08/18/2009 - 09:36

Good luck, Bill. One tip I would have if you're going to use Cisco Press books, get the one by Diane Teare over the one by Anthony Bruno.

billyinkin Tue, 08/18/2009 - 09:45

Phew, I ordered the Diane Teare one this morning;))) Im looking forward to the fun;))

Bill

Scott Swist Mon, 08/24/2009 - 15:33

Good luck Bill I just passed the CCDA about a month ago. I didn't think it was that bad. I studied for about a month with the Anthony Bruno book. I had just passed my CCNA a month before the CCDA. And I come from a strictly wireless network background. (CWNA, CWSP Currently working on CCNA W). Anyway study hard and you'll do fine.

Scott

Actions

This Discussion