cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DHCP and VPN 3000 Concentrator

dennis-wilson
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way I can have clients get an IP from a windows dhcp server scope other that the scope the concentrators internal interface is on? I'm running out of IP's on that subnet.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Yes you can setup external DHCP server to provide IPs to your clients.

under \Configuration\System\Servers look into DHCP , there you can specify your internal DHCP servers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn3000/vpn3000_47/configuration/guide/servers.html#wp1143817

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

Yes I have that already. My windows dhcp server has many subnets for my vlans and remote networks. I want my vpn clients to get an IP from a specific subnet scope that's not on the same subnet as the vpn concentrators internal interface. Can this be done? It just defaults to the same subnet as the internal interface.

Thanks

I think the default behavior is to use the subnet of the private interface, but you can change that. Please see this description.

DHCP Network Scope - To use this feature, the VPN Concentrator must be using a DHCP server for address assignment. To configure a DHCP server, see the System | Servers | DHCP screen.

Enter the IP sub-network that the DHCP server should assign to users in this group, for example: 200.0.0.0. The DHCP Network Scope indicates to the DHCP server the range of IP addresses from which to assign addresses to users in this group.

Enter 0.0.0.0 for the default; by default, the DHCP server assigns addresses to the IP sub-network of the VPN Concentrator's private interface.

Yeah I tried that also with no luck. I will look at that again.

You might just verify that the VPN client userid is in the group whose DHCP scope is reconfigured. The documentation emphasizes that this change is associated with a group on the concentrator. Otherwise it will take the default.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: