cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel protocols

rsamuel37
Level 1
Level 1

Need some help determining what I'm seeing. I have a 3750 stack with many etherchannels. When I do a 'sho etherchannel sum' I see port channels 1-9 with a protocol of LACP, but the remaining etherchannels don't list LACP...just a -.

Is this telling me the protocol for these is different as it suggests? These are all configured the same way.

Any help appreciated.

/rls

3 Replies 3

dario.didio
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Are there ports configured in for these etherchannels where you see a "-"?

The etherchannel protocol is configured under the physical interfaces, not the port-channel.

int gi0/1

channel-protocol lacp - pagp

channel-group x mode (active(LACP) - desirable (PaGP) - on (no protocol)

HTH,

Dario

Thanks for the replies guys. The port-channel config is indeed specified on the interface...and on the interfaces bound to port-channels that don't have LACP as the protocol the channel-group is set to 'ON' as opposed to 'ACTIVE' which designates the LACP protocol to be used.

/rls

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't know for sure but the remaining etherchannels may just be forced on instead of using LACP or PAGP and that is what it looks like. Or they could be etherchannels that were defined but are not being used but were not cleaned out of the config.You should be able to tell by just looking at the ports in the running config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card