cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 877 SSL VPN need license?

smanet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, is it possibile to have a SSL VPN on that router without any additional license? What're the limits? I read some documentation and i didn't figure out the answer. I need it to connect from work and there i have internet access only by a proxy. If you have any configuration example or suggestion are very appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Sandro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ask as many questions as you've got. The license is usually a code that you enter to allow more connections. I couldn't find an example on Cisco and it's been a while since I've had to do it, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Found it, it does take an activation key-

1. Customer purchases required Product Activation Key (PAKs)

2. Product ID (PID) and Serial Number (SN) are obtained from the device

3. The PID, SN and PAK are entered into to Cisco's licensing portal

4. License file is sent to customer via email

5. Customer installs licenses on the devices to activate the additional users

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You used to get 2 free users, but you now have to purchase a 10 user license (for the 877). Check the table in this link.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/iosswrel/ps6537/ps6586/ps6657/prod_qas0900aecd80323cba_ps380_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

Part# is FL-WEBVPN-10-K9, cost is $300 list.

Hi, i'm going to buy an old one. In which way I could check if it's with this two free users or not? How does work the license? Could I use it without it? I'm not a company. Thank you

It's by the version of IOS. At some point (I don't know when) they removed the free two users license for webvpn. The ASA5505 still has the two free user license and it's a million times easier to configure than on IOS. If you can afford it, buy the ASA.

Hi, i forgot before, thanks for the replies. I can't afford it at all and i just wanted to change my 827 with a new one. Do you know where i could search for the IOS information? I'll try an old IOS if it take me to connect from work! I really need that function. Otherwise i'll plan to buy license .. so bad.

Thank you again.

Try the feature navigator and look for the earliest release that supports webvpn. It should be around 12.4(10)T. I think that's what I had on mine. Yeah that $300 bucks stinks.

If you don't have a license, what's happen? Does it ask for a code? What's the license? A key? A piece of hardware? :) Sorry my curiosity! It's my last question.

Ask as many questions as you've got. The license is usually a code that you enter to allow more connections. I couldn't find an example on Cisco and it's been a while since I've had to do it, but I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Found it, it does take an activation key-

1. Customer purchases required Product Activation Key (PAKs)

2. Product ID (PID) and Serial Number (SN) are obtained from the device

3. The PID, SN and PAK are entered into to Cisco's licensing portal

4. License file is sent to customer via email

5. Customer installs licenses on the devices to activate the additional users

Ok i'll ask if I need. You gave me very useful informations. For now it's enough! I'm going to take the router tomorrow. Then i'll try to do many things and see what happens. Thank you again, have a nice day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: