Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ip 7920 & networking

roussillon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have a simple question.

Does a cisco 7920 ip phone work if he is not in the network the call manager is?

I mean the 7920 has a gateway that allows him to comunicate. But he cannot download the config file and he can not connect to callmanager.

Or the 7920 to work must be in the same vlan?

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Manuel Azevedo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi:

Assuming you have routing working ok:

* If you use DHCP you need to set option 150 with the IP address of Callmanager that has the TFTP server running;

* If you don't use DHCP (manual IP address) or use a DHCP that does not permit you add or change option 150, you just need to set "Use alternate TFTP" and set the IP address of the TFTP server.

Regards,

Manuel

Thanks,

but, wath is this option 150?

Thank you again

Assuming you use a Cisco IOS as a DHCP server:

ip dhcp pool IPTEL

network 172.16.43.0 255.255.255.0

option 150 ip 10.1.1.100 10.1.1.101

default-router 172.16.43.254

dns-server 10.1.2.1 10.1.2.2

domain-name example.com

Assume we have two Callmanager servers with TFTP servers activated (10.1.1.100 and 10.1.1.101). In this you see option 150 has both CCMs (first 10.1.1.100 and 10.1.1.101).

If you use a Windows (or Callmanager 3.x and 4.x) machine that creates DHCP, you need to set the options in the DHCP configuration - either globably (for all scopes) or just on the scope you want.

If you use Callmanager (5.x, 6.x and 7.x) you can set up DHCP pools directly in the CCM and setup option 150 there as well.

Regards,

Manuel

Hy.

I use dhcp, but in the phone I set up TFTP Option as static and I entered the ip addres of the call manager express.

Thanks

Hi

In one vlan there is the call manager with cisco ip phones 7905 working properly , this call manager has a dhcp server wich gives ip address for this vlan lets say 192.168.2.0/24

In the other vlan we have the cisco ip phone 7920, a dhcp server wich give ip address for this vlan lets say 192.168.2.0/24

the communication bettwen is ensured via the gateways.

In the cisco ip phone 7920 I use dhcp, but I set up "TFTP Option" as static and I entered the ip addres of the call manager express

Thanks

From Callmanager/CME can you ping the IP phone?

yes I can

If you have a PC on the same vlan of the phone, try this:

- Supose the IP of the CCM is 10.1.1.1 and the MAC of the phone is: 123456789012

tftp 10.1.1.1 get SEP12345679012.cnf.xml

Do you get the file?

no I can not

And if you do this on the same vlan as Callmanager you can?

If this is so, do you have any access list that limits communications between the two vlans?

Do you have the default router/gateway configured correctly for both vlans?

Can you ping from the PC to Callmanager?

in the same vlan as the call manager i get a file .raw but the cnf.xml does not exits. So I added a tftp in the 7920 vlan and I added the .cnf.xml. Now the telephone get the file and it is connected. The only problem is that I can talk but I can not hear.

I wonder if it is my pix who is causing me problems.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: