Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help!

lukas.schaer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

We are running a CallManager 6.1.2 Cluster with one Publisher and one Subscriber.

Unfortunately my Publisher has a hardware defect and needs to be replaced. But this takes some time and till then i have to make some configuration changes to provide functionality needed by customers. The Problem is, that i can't change anything on the Subscribers CallManager Administration. It always answers my request to change the config with statements like: Update failed. "No UPDATE permission."

What can i do about that?!

Thank you all for your help, i really need it!

Regards

Lukas

2 Replies 2

Only read/write access to database has a Publisher server. You have to replace broken machine then you can do changes.

More info you can find here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/6x/callpros.html#wp1043695

Actually 6.1(2) and above do provide DB resiliency also on SUBs, BUT only for User Facing Features (UFF) meaning CFA, log into hg, and many others so users do not notice this.

But as for your problem as Konrad has noted, FULL read/write is only on PUB.

Until you have replaced the PUB you cannot do any major change in config if they're not a UFF. Any change in DNs, RPs, TPs, etc is locked.

If you need to change routing hopefully you'll have H323 and you can do them in the GW.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate