Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - syslog CDR messages lost when ephone debugging is enabled

ccpagel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a Cisco 2851 running CME. We've been experiencing a random problem where inbound calls do not ring the IP Phones (around 1 call in 200 inbound calls). To troubleshoot this TAC have requested I enabled detailed ephone debugging.

To capture the debugging I'm sending the messages to a syslog server. We also have another syslog server which is being used for CDR's. Both syslog servers are KIWI Syslog Daemon.

The problem is when we enable the debugging we loose some CDR's. I'm assuming that it's down to the syslog server not being able to process all the messages rather than the CME router not creating them as the routers CPU doesn't go above 12%.

Has anyone came across this issue before - is it the router not creating the CDR's or is it a problem with the (KIWI) syslog server?

From what I understand there's no way to filter syslog messages to difference syslog hosts on the router so I appear to be stuck between a rock and a hard place as I can't troubleshoot the inbound call problem without compromising CDR's.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disable logging to console, that usually helps a lot.

Note I've never seen a single case where debug ephone actually helps, you may want to check on what exact IOS you're.

Hi,

thanks for your response.

Logging console is already disabled.

With regards to IOS upgrade - I only want to do this if I know there's a good reson to do it.

Regards,

Chris

Moving away from bugs seems a good reason to me.

Good luck anyway, being stuck in buggy IOS it's not an enviable position.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: