Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing DID's from Unity Connection Call Handler

HEATH FREEL
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a number of DID's on our PRI that I use Traslations Patterns to forward those DID's to specific extensions. This works perfectly.

In Unity Connection when a user comes in through our main number to our AA (Call Handler) the user is able to dial by extension at any time and get to the extension, however many of the external callers may attempt to dial the DID number not the actual extention. When they do this we get a message from Unity that it does not recongnize that as a valid extension.

Is there a way to set up somthing similar to my CM translation patterns in Unity Connection to allow users to either dial the DID or actual extension...

CMBE 7.0/Unity Connection 7.0

Thanks in advance.

Heath

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

check your restrictions table that you allowed 3XXX to be dialed from Unity

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, translations are done in CUCM.

As alternative configure the call handlers to be able to dial non-subscriber extensions and configure translation patterns the VM ports can reach so they are routed correctly.

Have you tried configuring the DID as an alternate extension for the users??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

This info is helpful... I enabled the option to dial non-subscribers but I am unsure what you mean about translation patterns tha the VM ports can reach.

Here is an example...

DID = 3982

Extension = 2604

I have a translation for 3982 - 2604

From the Call Handler I can dial 2604, but 3982 now gives me "you cannot be transfered to this number".

All of my VM ports are 2900-2924.

Can you give me an example of what this translation would look like?

Thanks,

Heath

check your restrictions table that you allowed 3XXX to be dialed from Unity

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: