cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple DMVPN behind NAT

fschramke
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 spokes that get NATed onto the same public IP address. The spokes both get their external IP from the same dhcp pool. Both spokes have separate configs and internal IP ranges and work fine on their own.

#1 works fine, but if #2 is turned on the connection is lost on #1 (vpn light stays on), once #1 recovers (20-40min) #2 loses connection and the game repeats.

I have no control over the dhcp ranges or the NAT router.

Any ideas on how to get this stable?

Thanks,

Fabian

3 Replies 3

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

>>>I have 2 spokes that get NATed onto the same public IP address

I think you have to NAT them to different public IPs.

Yeah, the way i figure the hub IDs the spokes based on IP. Is there a way around this behavior as I don't have access to the NAT router. I'm going to run into other events in the future where I'm going to be presented with similar provided NAT setups and based on event restrictions (network, space, location, etc) have to use multiple DMVPN routers.

Sorry, I don't think there is any workaround for this. As you know, it is based on IP. Therefore, you have to have a unique IP for each spoke.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: