cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity v4.0 fax issue

jtphilies
Level 1
Level 1

We have Cisco unity 4.0+ and was working until last friday.

Last friday we performed an Exchange email moves where the email accounts moved from one database to another. One of the accounts moved was our Unity FaxService account.

As a result faxes are no longer being delivered to the subscribers, although the emails are arriving in the inbox of the FaxService mailbox.

I beleive that the database move was the cause, and im not able to get unity to 'refresh' the FaxService account. I have even performed the UnityFax configuration wizard again but that was not successful. i have even restarted unity.

Your help would be very much appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Jason,

One suggestion (if you haven't already) that I can think of is to possibly re-run the fax configuration wizard, but use a new fax mailbox to eliminate any issues with the old mailbox.

Brad

Thanks guys. ok i've run the permission wizard, but im weary that it may change other accounts etc as im not too familiar with it. The report didnt tell me too much.

Brad, i've ended up creating a 2nd FaxService accoung and have run the configuration wizard and pointed it to the new account. Its half working because if i manually email a fax with the correct subject format to the new mailbox it gets forwarded to the correct recipient.

Then ensured the SMTP address that is used on the router/gateway is also pointing to the new fax service2 mailbox in exchange.

thanks for your help

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

It sounds like the Cisco Unity Message Store Service account that the IP Fax service is running under does not have rights to the new mailstore.

Try running the Permissions Wizard to assign permissions to this account on the new mailstore database.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: