Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get 5510 to talk to SSM-10

ktwaddell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I click on the IPS tab, give it's ip address, but it never comes talks to the ssm-10 card and never has.

What am I missing? :)

Any help guys?

Thanks

Kevin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

netsec
Level 1
Level 1

You can either session to the SSM from the adaptive security appliance (by using the session 1 command) or you can connect directly to the SSM using SSH or Telnet on its management interface. Alternatively, you can use ASDM.

take a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa71/configuration/guide/ssm.html#wp1052040

I hope it's usefull,

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

mwlangedijk
Level 1
Level 1

Did you set it up with setup? If so see if it is up with "show modu 1" Otherwise reload/reset it with "hw-module 1 reset"

Martijn

doshea
Level 1
Level 1

The IPS module has it's own IP address, which is set by default at (I think) 192.168.1.xx

If you have changed the IP address that you use to connect to the ASA, you must connect to it via console, telnet, or SSH, and set the IPS module's ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway.

I pulled some hair out trying to figure this out too :)

Yeah we have doen the ip address bit etc and the status is up, going to do more playing around today, but I think where we might be going wrong is that we have to use the management interface on the ssm-10 card.

We just assumed the asdm would be about to talk to the card right off and not need any canling.

Cheers

Kev

netsec
Level 1
Level 1

You can either session to the SSM from the adaptive security appliance (by using the session 1 command) or you can connect directly to the SSM using SSH or Telnet on its management interface. Alternatively, you can use ASDM.

take a look at this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa71/configuration/guide/ssm.html#wp1052040

I hope it's usefull,

Cheers

Hi

That link was very useful, it confirm we do need to cable the management port up, like I said before, we just assumed we didn't need too.

will let you know how we get on.

Cheers

Kev

To confirm it was because we hadn't cabled up the management port ont he same vlan as the asa, we always expected the asdm to work with e ssm-10 inline.

Thanks

Kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: