Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get 5510 to talk to ssm-10

ktwaddell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Trying to get the asdm to talk to the ips card, I click on the tab, confirm the ip address, but it never talks with the card and never has.

Any helps please guys?

Thanks

Kev

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can session to the card via the cli without the interface but I think you need to actually use the interface to see it through asdm.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

Do you have something like this in the ssm??

service-host

network-settings

access-list /32

or

access-list 0.0.0.0/0

Hi

I have access-list 0.0.0.0/0 on it just rule out any acl issues.

Thsi might seem a stupid question but do I need to use the management port on the ssm for the asdm to see it, I assumed the asdm could just talk to ssm card.

Tahnks

kev

You can session to the card via the cli without the interface but I think you need to actually use the interface to see it through asdm.

oh yes I've clearly sessioned on to it, but I just expected the asdm to be able to see the card and work, but having found a post about 10 minutes ago of a guy that had cabled it up and no one pulled him on it.

To confirm it was because we hadn't cabled up the management port ont he same vlan as the asa, we always expected the asdm to work with e ssm-10 inline.

Thanks

Kev

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card