Views
Helpful
Replies

h.323 issue when replacing GW

andres.pasten
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a H.323 network using GKs and some H323 GWs. Each GW has a PBX connected with E1 QSIG, and there are dial-peers to intercommunicate phones from the PBX, and Toll bypass calls.

GKs are 28xx with IOS 12.4T. The GWs are 26xx with IOS 12.2, and we're replacing them with 28xx with 12.4T.

Yesterday we've replaced a 2610 (connected to PBX A), and the only issue was related to toll bypass calls.

When a phone on PBX A makes a long distance call to local number of PBX B, the receiver phone rings, but when off hook, we receive a disconnect (16, normal call clearing) that drops the call.

It seems a codec issue, but when 2610 was connected the toll bypass call used g729r8, and on debugs I've checked on both GWs that the same codec was in use when the call drops.

This issue doesn't appear on calls between phones from PBX A and B. And dial peers are similar.

I've tried using voice class codec (g711 and g729), not using GKs to make toll bypass calls, traslations, etc.

GW A config:

voice class codec 9

codec preference 1 g729r8

codec preference 2 g729br8

codec preference 3 g711alaw

codec preference 4 g711ulaw

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^91812\(.*\)/ /9\1/

voice translation-profile hacia-bosquesur

translate called 1

dial-peer voice 1812 voip

translation-profile outgoing hacia-bosquesur

preference 1

service session

destination-pattern 91812.......

voice-class codec 9

session target ras

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

no vad

GW B config:

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattern 9.......

progress_ind alert enable 8

direct-inward-dial

port 3/0:15

prefix 9

Any idea will be appeciated.

TIA

Andres Pasten

Adexus S.A.

4 Replies 4

Ronald Spencer
Level 1
Level 1

Andres,

I am wandering about one thing (which may be obvious, and thus overlooked). What DSPs are you using, and how have they been config'ed on the 28XX. I believe, on the 26XX, the DSPs were on a daughter card (or expansion card). ON the 28XX they can be placed directly on the board.

Here is the config, relevant to this topic, from our 28XX

dspfarm

dsp services dspfarm

snmp-server enable traps dsp card-status

dspfarm profile 10 conference

codec g711ulaw

codec g729br8

codec g729ar8

codec g729abr8

codec g729r8

maximum sessions 1

associate application SCCP

I hope this helps.

Hi,

Thanks for your post.

We`ve moved the NM-HDV-E1 from the 26xx to the 28xx, so the DSP in both configs are the same.

That dspfarm configuration is to provide HW resources to conferences, or for any dial-peer?

TIA

Andres Pasten

Adexus S.A.

I believe the 1st 2 lines are essential to voice services, in the same way that you cannot enable mgcp or h323 without the command to turn those services on. The remainder of the config is applicable to Conferences.

-Ronnie

Ron,

I've solved the issue with this advice:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&topicID=.ee6c829&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40^1%40%40.2cd40c7d/2#selected_message

It was only an IOS issue.

Thanks for your support anyway.

Andres Pasten

Adexus S.A.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: