cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME Night Service During Working Hours

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, we have a client who would like the ability to put their CME system into night service during the day should they go out the office, this would then forward to a GDM during the night service period.

I have already configured an AA for the main line number with time of day and day of week routing for incomming calls, this service also forwards callers to the GDM automatically outside working hours.

Can i ask if it is possible to allow users to put the all calls from the main number through to said GDM during the middle of the day using the night service feature?

Regards

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You don't need night service for this.

Just CFA the main number to a CUE pilot, there you configure a script that behave the way you want.

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately this is how it is currently configured, i have a pilot number associated with the main line number which forwards all calls to an AA which has been configured the time of day and day of week routing.

This kicks in automatically outside of working hours 8am - 6pm and puts callers through to a GDM.

The customer would like the added ability to be able to manually put calls through to this GDM during working hours should they leave the office (strange i know) this would most likely involve terminating the call in CME, making a decision on whether they have set night service then forwarding the call onto the AA if they havent.

Im just a bit stuck on how to allow the users to manually enable night service during the day.

Regards

Well that's what I'm telling you, CwdAll to a CUE number that handles the call. The script there must not check for office hours and would probably use a different welcome message.

This CUE number is also useful for "overflow", eg CFB.

Right ok, so say for example the the main number is 111222 and voicemail is configured as pilot 100 and the GDM is associated with extension 200.

Night service code: *666

ephone-dn 1

description Main Number AA

number 111222

call-forward all 100

call-forward night-service 200

night-service bell

!

ephone-dn 2

description OOH GDM

number 200

call-forward all 100

!

dial-peer voice 1 voip

destination-pattern 100

b2bua

voice-class sip outbound-proxy ipv4:xxx

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:xxxx

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

!

If an internal user dialled *666 would this then come into effect? The AA would remain the same.

Regards

You got me confused now.

I thought you are using CUE AA to check schedules as opposed to night-service.

All what I'm saying is that you press CfwAll to 200, on ephone-dn 2 you need

mailbox-selection last-redirect-num

I do not see the need to make it more complicated that that.

Appologies, i think i confuse myself sometimes.

There is a schedule that exists within the CUE AA, this is how it is configured at present.

All calls destinated for the main number (switchboard) are routed to the AA configured in Unity Express the days and times are below:

8am - 6pm - Monday to Friday (Working Hours) - Calls Routed to a receptionist, if busy routed to a second hunt group.

6pm - 8am - Monday to Friday (Out of Hours)- Calls routed to GDM

Weekends (Out of Hours)- Calls routed to GDM

The customer would like to be able to manually route calls to this GDM during working hours as and when they choose should they leave the office, however they still want to keep the AA in place to automatically route calls to the GDM at weekends and out of hours.

This is where i imagined night service comes in, no schedules have been implemented in CME for night service under telephony service, just a night service code.

I was hoping that i could enable a DN with the night-service bell configuration and use it to either forward calls to the AA when night service is inactive or directly to the GDM during working hours if the customer manually enabled night service by dialing the night service code eg *666

Does this make sense?

Regards

Sure. My recommendation as above, is that you use CfwAll instead. That also gives you the option of forwarding to an external number as needed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: