cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Plantroics Wireless Headset CS55 With CME 7960 Phone

johnnywan
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have an issue with the CS55 headset hanging off a 7960? For some reason the incoming call alert beep in the headset quit working. It works on other phones with headsets and the CME config is identical on all the phones. Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Johnny,

Can you check to see that all "conditions" are being met here;

In Cisco Unified CME 4.0 and later versions you can configure lines on specific phones to automatically connect to incoming calls when the headset key is activated. The phone cannot be busy with an active call and the headset key must be engaged to automatically answer calls. Incoming calls are automatically answered one by one on the phone as long as the headset light remains lit. For each ephone, you can specify one or more lines for headset auto-answer.

After a phone is configured for headset auto-answer, the phone user must press the headset key to start auto-answer. The headset light is lit to indicate that auto-answer is active for the lines that are designated in the configuration. When the phone auto-answers a call, a zip tone is played to alert the phone user that a call is present. To stop auto-answer, the phone user presses the headset key again and the headset light goes out. At this time, the phone user can answer calls in a normal manner using the handset.

To enable headset auto-answer, perform the following steps.

SUMMARY STEPS

1. enable

2. configure terminal

3. ephone phone-tag

4. headset auto-answer line line-number

5. end

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmeanswr.html#wp1010363

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the information but I do not want the headset to auto-answer. I want the headset to give a "beep" indication of an incoming call if this user is away from her desk. It was working but stopped. It works on other phones though with the identical cfg. Just wanted to see if there is anyone out there that has experienced this.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Johnny,

Sorry about that my friend! What are the IP Phone models that do have this working? Are you using the HHC (Headset Hookswitch Control) cord from Plantronics?

Cheers!

Rob

All the phones with these wireless headsets are 7960s. There are 5 that are working and the one I am referring to is not. But I can take this headset to another 7960 and it works beautifully. It is utilizing the auto receiver lift mechanism that is requires to get the incoming call notification feature. Ah ha! Maybe it is the receiver list mechanism. We never tried switching that out. Hmmmmmm.

Maybe it's the hookswitch, give it some seconds of "clicking" to let it self-clean.

Ken Douglas
Level 1
Level 1

OK... Late reply I realize

Yeah, we have a call center with a lot Cisco 7962 IP phones with Plantronics CS55 wireless headsets.  We went live on the new Cisco UCCE system back in April of 2009.  These headsets have been nothing but a pain for our support staff.  While the audio quality is good and the versatility is great, every time the IP phone resets or reloads (such as a firmware load or work on the switch), we have to cycle power on 300 of these headsets. 

The symptoms we see (if we don’t cycle power) is that the headset works for about 15 seconds at the start of the call but then “goes dead.”  The call is still there and we can use the handset to complete (or the agent can fiddle with the headset to get the call back). Sometimes an agent goes to answer the phone and gets a series of fast beeps.

And its not just UCCE phones.  My Cisco 7965 with CS55 headset has the same symptoms.  I'm in a non-call center location (still the same cluster) with no ACD numbers. 

It adds hours of work to a simple upgrade.  Requires people to be on-site.  And makes us paranoid.

Plantronics says it’s a Cisco bug.  We’re evaluating other headsets to replace these units.

Ken