Views
Helpful
Replies

Bluetooth headsets with CIPC??

sethschmautz
Level 3
Level 3

Hey guys,

I was tryng to determie if anybody has had an success connecting up their cellphone-style bluetooth headset with their CIPC softphone?  I can get the headset to pair with the computer, but the CIPC doesn't seem to recognize it.  Any ideas? I' currentl working with CIPC 2.0, XP pro, and an aliph jawbone headset.

Thanks,

Seth

3 Replies 3

Hi Seth,

I know some people have made this work by uninstalling the Bluetooth driver, installing IP Communicator then installing Bluetooth driver again.

Let us know,

Marcos

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Seth,

I was tryng to determie if anybody has had an success connecting up
their cellphone-style bluetooth headset with their CIPC softphone?

I have successfully got the Jabra Headsets to work, however that was using the Bluetooth dongle that come with the headset, not the one built into the system (If that is what you are using).

However to do this you need to go to the Audio Tuning Wizard and register the BT device to the CIPC, i do however strongly suggest when you do this to make the last option (On the first screen after you click next) to ring to your speakers, the other options point them to the BT device.

If the BT device is not being recognised by the CIPC, then you need to remove the CIPC, then remove the BT device from the device manager, and then RE-install the BT device, then the CIPC (In that order).

Hope you get it to work as i know these things can be a real pain in the rear end :)

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *

Some early bluetooth chips in computers only supports data, no voice, and therefore the CIPC doesn't recognise the device.

We have tested both Jabra and Plantronics bluetooth headsets, with their own bluetooth dongle with out problems. I have even tried to use my inbuilt bluetooth, and it worked.

Martin Abildgaard

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: