DFM 2.0.11 "false" alert sent out for vlan (SNMPv3)

Unanswered Question
Aug 19th, 2009

Hi,

I have LMS 2.6 installed with DFM 2.0.11. Recently, we upgraded the system to support SNMPv3. Running fine for a couple of days, then we noticed that DFM started to timeout certain vlan interface (such as high vlan id, 932-936), then clear, then alarm, then clear for one switch. After I changed DFM config back to SNMPv2c for that switch, everything is running ok. Is this a known bug in DFM related to SNMPv3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

gy

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Wed, 08/19/2009 - 10:38

No, there is no known bug relating to SNMPv3. My guess is that the extra overhead of v3 might be causing timeout issues. Try increasing the DFM SNMP timeout under DFM > Device Management > SNMP Config to see if that helps.

Gongyuan Yao Wed, 08/19/2009 - 11:52

Thank you very much for your quick response. I did tried to increase the timeout value before, no diff observed. I will give more try (delay longer) when I get time.

Great appreciated your help.

gy

Joe Clarke Wed, 08/19/2009 - 11:54

If the problem persists, it would a good idea to see a sniffer trace filtering on ICMP and SNMP traffic to one affected device for a period of eight minutes. This should capture two DFM polling cycles, and should show why DFM is reporting things are down.

Actions

This Discussion