cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISDN Log messages

agup
Level 1
Level 1

We are running IOS 12.4(22)T on 3845 voice gateways. It is mgcp gateway with T1 / PRI configuration as follow:

controller T1 0/0/0

cablelength short 110

pri-group timeslots 1-24

interface Serial0/0/0:23

no ip address

encapsulation hdlc

no snmp trap link-status

isdn switch-type primary-ni

isdn incoming-voice voice

no cdp enable

the problem is the logs are being filled up by these messages. The logging level is debug.

Aug 19 19:38:28.032: %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface Serial0/3/0:23 is now connected to 5142405751 N/A

Aug 19 19:38:46.880: %ISDN-6-DISCONNECT: Interface Serial0/3/1:2 disconnected from 4506250708 , call lasted 95 seconds

what command can i use to stop these messages and still be able to get ISDN Layer2DOWN and Layer2UP messages. We DON'T want to change the logging level to warning.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's a little bit late for the original question, but in case someone else stops by and this works for them, use the logging discriminator commands:

logging discriminator NOISDN severity drops 6 facility drops ISDN msg-body drops connected

logging buffered discriminator NOISDN

logging console discriminator NOISDN

logging monitor discriminator NOISDN

I found it originally on this online blog:

http://internetworking.hu/2011/05/filtering-isdn-interface-connects/

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no way, so either change logging level, or filter these out in the logging server.

how about if i enter the 'no logging event link-status' command on the serial interface will it also stop the other Layer 2 Down/Up events from being logged.

It will not.

another question, we have several other gateways for many customers that we manage though running a different 12.4 IOS version, we don't get the logs filled up with ISDN messages on those one. Why is it being caused on this one? The logging level is debug on all and i don't see any special command which is stopping those messages from being logged.

May be they don't do that many calls.

some of them are equally busy systems.

santoshdpawar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What if I enable logging buffered 4096 informational ? All of my WAN link ( serial interface) alarms wont go to syslog ?

Regards,

Santosh

sends all configuration

It's a little bit late for the original question, but in case someone else stops by and this works for them, use the logging discriminator commands:

logging discriminator NOISDN severity drops 6 facility drops ISDN msg-body drops connected

logging buffered discriminator NOISDN

logging console discriminator NOISDN

logging monitor discriminator NOISDN

I found it originally on this online blog:

http://internetworking.hu/2011/05/filtering-isdn-interface-connects/

rotem.shein
Level 1
Level 1

You are correct the command no event link status on the PRI int would stop that log

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thank you

Chester Rieman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Use this command on the serial interface for the PRI to ignore the connect/disconnect messages

interface serial 1/0:23

no logging event link-status

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: