cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Volume of attached .wav files

acraft
Level 1
Level 1

I have e-mail notification of voicemails setup on my UC520 and have everything set so that the vm message gets attached to the e-mail as a .wav file.  However, the volume is very low, such that I can only make out what is said if I crank the volume all the way up on a computer.  I can't make out anything when I try to listen to them on a smartphone.  Is there a way to adjust the volume that the .wav files are recorded at?

2 Replies 2

The only way to do this is by actually increasing the volume at which messages are recorded. You could try to adjust the input gain of your voice ports, if using FXO. See this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_c/voice_troubleshooting/old/vts_qos.html#wp1058679

Let us know if this helps,

Marcos

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

On top of what Marcos has said, i would strongly encourage you to look at doing only incremental updates. Depending on your carrier the smallest movement in the gain can have a pretty big increase, to the point where the voice becomes overly loud and at times distorted.

I would suggest that you look at doing a few tests first before you go commercial with it.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: