Abilty for UC520 to call user and user to be prompted to hear voice messages?

Unanswered Question
Aug 19th, 2009

Hello all,

I just recently chatted with a client and wanted to if the UC 520 will call a number when a voice message has been recorded at their assigned extension.

Here is the use case:

Medical practice would like to have the ability for patients to call the office after hours, presented with AA and press one of the numbers for an emergency. The action would be to transfer the caller to the extension's voice mail (the doctor's in this case). Patient leaves the voice message explaining the emergency or situation.This is really important for the doctor to screen the messages for the real emergencies, reviewed the patient records and be prepared prior to returning the call.

1. The UC520 will then call the doctor's mobile or other number and upon answering the call, the UC520 will prompt there is a message(s) waiting.

2. The doctor will then enter his/her PIN number and listen to the messages(s). Standard voice message processing. Hang up after listening to the message(s).

3. In order to understand the emergency, the doctor will need to access the practice management system at the office in order to review the patience's record prior to returning the call. The doctor will establish a secure connection via VPN and reviews the records.

4. With the messages screened, the doctor will be able to better assess the emergency or situation and return the patient's call.

So that is the use case. Their current key system allows this kind of set up and I think this is a pretty good  feature.

Question - can this be done with the UC520?

If not, is there a best practice or thoughts on how the feature can be configured today?

Many thanks for your help.

Bert Wilhelm

APW Solutions, Asutin, TX

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven Smith Wed, 08/19/2009 - 12:44

This can all be done today.  You can have a number that rings into the VM system inwhich the user types their extension then pin.  Alternatively, you could call your ext, get to your VM box, and press # (or maybe *) and type your pin to check VM.

You can setup VM notification today to go to a cell phone or other devices.  If the doctor has a smartphone, he would receive an email with a .wav attachment as well.

The UC520 can already do VPN's, no issues there.

I will post back later with configuration guides on this.

Albert Wilhelm Thu, 08/20/2009 - 08:12

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have configured the UC520 for users to call in and retrieve their voice messages either directly (via PSTN or DID) or through the AA. No worries there. What the doctor wants is for the UC520 to proactively call his mobile when a voice message has been recorded by his patient.

If this can be done, can you please forward me either documents or commands for VM notification?

Many thanks for your support. Looking forward to your reply.

JOHN NIKOLATOS Thu, 08/20/2009 - 20:44

This is just a simple setting in the CUE under the default page

It is message notification and you just have to turn on system wide notification and then under the username turn it on, with the option for CELL PHONE.  When a message is left it will call the cell phone and ask the Dr. for his VM password and then play the message.   The  UC520 has VPN as well....  your all set.  It is very easy to do.

Albert Wilhelm Thu, 08/27/2009 - 09:49

Hello John,

Many thanks for the response. That did it!! Set up the notification under VoiceMail --> Mesage Notification.

I also like that the user can change the notification through the CME Services. Very nice.

Thank you for the tip!!

mondakota Mon, 01/04/2010 - 16:48

Is there an option instead of make a call the system could send a text message ?

This Discussion

Related Content