Small Business Video Monitoring System SWVMS16 - Preset Point Deletion Issue

Unanswered Question
Aug 19th, 2009

When using the Video Monitoring System with a PVC-300 camera, I created a Preset Point with the name "Bev and Al's Place"  The apostrophe has caused issues.  The preset point will not work, and now I cannot get rid of that preset point.  I have tried using the single clear preset point option, the "clear all" for preset points, plus uninstalled the Video Monitoring System, deleted all the files that I think were related to the software, plus removed the registry variables that comprised the preset point that I found in there.

Any Ideas as to how to get rid of that preset point?  There must be a file that is lurking around or some other registry setting?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
David Hornstein Wed, 08/19/2009 - 21:23

Hi Patrick,

Can't do much about the apostrophe.

But I thought I would try out your issue and discovered the following.

It's not a registry setting on your computer,  when you select within  the Monitoring application (SWVMS16)  setting> ptz config> patrol group, notice Patrick that it seems to take a few seconds before the patrol group comes up.  The Video Monitoring application seems to collect the presets from the PVC300 and loads them in the monitoring application.

I deleted the presets on my PVC300 camera and the presets dissappeared from the patrol group on the PC SWVMS16 application.

regards Dave

pstorms Thu, 08/20/2009 - 00:21

Hey Dave,

Thanks for looking into this, but this is not the case.  I did not mention that I did a camera reset to factory on the configuration too, thus wiping out all the presets that were on the camera too.  The only place that still has presets configured now is in SWVMS16 and I have only one right now and that is the one that I cannot delete.  What is also interesting is that when I configured the preset as "Bev and Al's Place"....the preset is listed as "Bev and Al"...it dropped all the characters after the apostrophe.

There has to be a file or registry that is picking this up.  I did reset the camera to factory, uninstalled the SWVMS16, removed registry settings that contained the presets, and deleted all data and program files too that were related to SWVMS16.

After, what I thought I cleaned up all the files, I reinstalled only the SWVMS16 software and not the camera installation wizard, and the management software found the camera and when I clicked on presets within SWVMS16, the one still remained, "Bev and Al".  There has to be a registry setting or a file in an obscure location that is holding onto this data.  Just haven't found it yet.

When I opened a web page to the camera directly, there were no presets in the list there. 

Still no solution to this issue.  Looks like a defect in using the apostrophe in preset list names.

Actions

This Discussion