cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Import of certificate fails "unreachable"

didentx01
Level 1
Level 1

I am running LMS 2.6 and trying to import the certificate from our syslog server fails with server unreachable. I log into the syslog server (which is ciscoworks) and the self-signed certificate is valid. From my syslog server I can import the certificate of my ciscoworks server with no problems. I tried deleting the certificates, recreating them, bringing down the daemon and I still cannot import syslog server certificate into my ciscoworks server. I am running LMS 2.6 on Solaris 9. Thanks for your help.

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The certificate import happens over the SSL port (tcp/443 by default). Perhaps you have a firewall rule that does not allow SYNs from the CiscoWorks server to the syslog server, but they are allowed in the opposite direction. Anoter thing to check is that the syslog collector hostname (both short and fully-qualified) properly resolves on the CiscoWorks server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: